Author Topic: Headed to Colorado & Iowa soon  (Read 867 times)

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Headed to Colorado & Iowa soon
« on: September 11, 2006, 02:00:31 PM »
Since May I've been working on DC brushless motor testing instruments - 19 Saturdays and 9 Sundays and everything inbetween - mostly 10 hour days.  Now it's paying off - I get to take one to a customer in Colorado.  We'll be driving first to Colorado Springs and then up to Denver area.  Return trip we'll be spending 3 days in central Iowa.  Got to get a new battery for the camera for cannon and mortar pix!  About a week & a half before leaving.

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Blaster

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Headed to Colorado & Iowa soon
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 03:22:13 PM »
Cat, exactly when do you plan on being in Colorado Springs?  Also, which route will you be taking?  Blaster (Bob in So. CO)
Graduate of West Point (West Point, Iowa that is)

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 03:53:30 PM »
Bob - We'll get there Saturday (Sept 23rd) afternoon/evening and spend the day in and around; then to North of Denver Sunday evening.  At least that's the plan as of now.  How close to home is that for you?

Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 04:17:49 PM »
Oh yea - I-70 coming out and I-80 returning.
Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline Blaster

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 12:22:47 PM »
Tim, Colorado Springs is about 130 miles from me via Interstate 25.  You sure aren't spending much time in Colorado and that's too bad cause this is a great area and for most folks, very difficult to depart from.  Wish you had more time in the area so we could venture down to the NRA Whittington Center, Raton, NM (just a half hour for me) and do a little shootin.  Wow, Sept. 23 is just around the corner too.  Since you are taking I-70 to get out here, be sure to check out your Colorado map and consider Limon, CO as the point to leave I-70 and take State route 24 right to Springs.  It's a two lane highway with very little traffic (usually).  If I can answer any questions about the area or help in ANY way (other than finance your fuel for the trip), do not hesitate to contact me. Blaster (Bob in So. CO)

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 02:16:30 PM »
Bob -  Most gracious of you!  I'd like to spend more time, but since the company is funding this I figure I've squeezed about all I can for personal time.  I worked one summer in Colorado Springs (late 60's), hence this is a trip back in memory too.  I'll have a couple of days North of Denver/East of Boulder setting up the equipment I built - then back through Iowa for my wife's HS reunion (Grinnell).

SR24 is in the route I'd planned - thanks for verifying what I thought it woudl be like!

Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline Blaster

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 02:44:29 PM »
Yeah Tim, we were back in the Southeastern part of IOWA (West Point, IA a very small town which is pretty close to Fort Madison and Burlington, IA) just two years ago for my 50th class reunion.  Out of a Class of 24 kids,  22 are still alive and kicking.  That's pretty good for numbers of long term survival.  If anything does happen to lengthen your stay in Springs, do NOT hesitate to let me know and perhaps can work something out.  Do keep me updated via a post, email or personal message.  Would sure be nice if we could set off a mortar or two or three. 

Offline Blaster

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 02:52:37 PM »
Tim, I don't know what the hel- is going on with my posts.  I just made a REPLY to you to your regarding the Iowa trip and did it the same way that I have done many many times and get a message that the page is not available.  Then I get another message as follows,"Your session timed out while posting.  Please try to submit your message.  No subject was filled in.  The message body was left empty".  This same thing happened twice last night.  I don't think it's me doing something wrong.  Perhaps that  dam- hacker is at it again!!!!!!!

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 04:34:15 PM »
Bob - (My confuser often does the same thing) I think it is trying to send the same post twice - the frist one posts and the second is caught as a duplicate and rejected, giving the page not found (expired) note.

Here's the place I worked at one summer many moons ago - hope to see some friends there on this trip:

Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline Blaster

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 03:10:55 PM »
Wow Tim.  Nice house you have there.  I suppose you have the butler or chauffeur load your mortars for ya and then you merely set em off. ;D :D :D

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 08:28:29 AM »
Wow Tim.  Nice house you have there.  I suppose you have the butler or chauffeur load your mortars for ya and then you merely set em off. ;D :D :D

I WISH that was MY house.  When I worked there (as a college student one summer) I found out there were 53 or 56 fireplaces.  Also the same number of bathrooms - you can guess what my job was!!

Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline Blaster

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 12:38:44 PM »
Geez Tim, did they have rubber gloves way back in those days? ;D