Author Topic: new Wal-Mart issue...  (Read 2262 times)

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
Re: new Wal-Mart issue...
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2006, 08:40:20 AM »
First of all,  you included your reply in the quote as if it was part of what I said. Please be a little more careful next time.

I have not experienced this at our local walmart. They are about 5 bucks a box cheaper than their closest competitor. There are a couple of clerks in our store that know their stuff. Got to get there before 5 or so to catch them. Some stuff they stock some they dont. The old guys can tell ya where to find it if they dont have it.

Yes I did!Sorry about that pills,in no way did I do that on purpose.
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers

Offline S.S.

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2006, 08:48:54 AM »
We Still Have a K-Mart in my area..
and yes they still sell GUNS and have layaway...
See what happens to Walmart after one Christmas season
without a layaway ! I will bet this will be a brief experiment !!
People in my area are by no means rich and this latest
ploy by walmart is just another slap in the face to us working folks.
I know of no one who can afford to pay outright for Christmas for their Kids.
But To Wal-Mart, WHO CARES! They don't advertise for CHRISTmas anymore
around here anyway . They do not want to Offend anyone by saying CHRIST.
The ECO-Nazi's that run that place should all catch the clap and ooze for a while !
(Eco-Nazi  Hmmmm, You may have heard that here first? Kinda' catchy)
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline pills

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Contributor
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2006, 08:59:05 AM »
Its all good dw. Just wanted to make it clear for the record.

S.Sumner that is good to hear. Most K-marts around here have closed.
...You do not open your mouth without all the facts period...

Matt

Remember this, my dear brothers and sisters: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and should not get angry easily. James 1:19

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2006, 11:06:00 AM »
We only have one local gunshop here. All others are at least 50 miles one way.  The prices are what keeps me from doing more business there.  The attitude of the owner and his refusal to come down has made me look elsewhere.  In comparing prices, Wlamart is often $100-$150 cheaper on just about any gun.  My local shop often wants $100 more for a used gun; it's ridiculous.  If the local gun shops were reasonable, I think most of us wouldn't care if Walmart stopped selling guns.  The bottom line was, they were cheaper than just about everyone.  Now, I'm afraid the price at the local gun shop will go up even more.  It won't be long before Walmart stops selling ammo.  Then it will be mailorder for me from then on.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2006, 11:39:40 AM »
Brett, I can certainly understand saving money. If the tin foil isn't tore up after baking the potatoes, I rinse it off and use it again. I'm not trying to bash Walmart. I buy at the one just a couple miles away. Dog food, cloth's and a bunch more. I guess being in the industry, has tainted my feelings towards WallyWorld. The union's around here, really have it in for them. But K-Mart, Sears, and all the rest of them are doing the same thing, just on a smaller scale. Buying from China and the like's. We all have our cross to bear, I try and support the industry I'm in, but will buy store brand oil on sale, change it myself, just to save $10-$15 on an oil change. I'll spend $60 on a bullet mold, and then try and get a bucket of wheel weights for a 12pk. of Bud down at the local tire store. We all have to do what it takes to make it. Gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman