Author Topic: ground blinds  (Read 640 times)

Offline soup

• Trade Count: (0)
ground blinds
« on: September 14, 2006, 12:42:47 PM »
FOLKS ,
I just bought a Matrix blind & was wondering if anyone has or does use them for deer hunting ? I shot a bow for 40 years ,but now I'm not able to use a compound ,only a crossbow. It's either that or not archery hunt. to tell you the truth I was a lot more confident with my Hoyt Pro Hunter -but this is a good setup & 20 yards is my best so I hope to have some goodluck this year.
Thank you in advance for your time.
BILL

Offline JPSaxMan

Re: ground blinds
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 02:18:02 PM »
Not to get too far off topic but I wish you luck this year; 20 yards, talk about a close shot with a crossbow! Good luck!

I actually use an Ameristep OutHouse. Didn't get a deer last year but I hope to get one this year and I'll be using it quite a bit...dunno how good of a bow blind it is but I sure liked it when I had my rifle...and I dunno how big your Matrix blind is to compare, but it should suit you fine!
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline huntmdown

• Huntmdown
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 09:53:07 AM »
soup,
I use the Ameristep outhouse perfect for bow hunters the Matrix is a good blinfd you''l be fine. I wish you good luck!  8)
my sweeter insanity... www.huntmdown.com

Offline daddywpb

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 01:23:39 PM »
I use one of the Cabelas Quick Set blinds. Kind of like opening an umbrella. I haven't killed anything from it yet, but have seen deer from it while scouting and have not been detected. I have been looking at the Scentite chair blind - thought it might be easier to carry. Has anyone used one? They are on sale right now at BPS for $80.