Author Topic: More on Wal-Mart  (Read 469 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
More on Wal-Mart
« on: September 15, 2006, 05:38:54 AM »
To me it seems the giant is shooting its self in the foot.  Wal-mart management has made several moves recently that will sorely effect their sales.  This is one of them.  I think if I can buy elsewhere, that is where I will shop.  The following is from Truthorfiction.com.

Wal-Mart has Joined the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce-Truth!

Summary of the eRumor: 
The message says that Wal-Mart has become a member of the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce and is linking arms with that group to promote homosexual marriage.

The Truth: 
According to both Wal-Mart and the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC), it is true that Wal-Mart has become a member of the NGLCC.

Although Wal-Mart has not taken an official position on the issue of same-sex marriage, the NGLCC is harshly critical of what it calls efforts by the "far right" to write discrimination into the constitution with efforts like the Federal Marriage Amendment, which would define marriage as between a man and a woman and applauded congress for turning it down.

A release by the NGLCC on August 21, 2006 says that Wal-Mart's Dee Breazeale, vice president of divisional merchandise, SAM’S CLUB Jewelry, will be serving on the NGLCC's Corporate Advisory Council.  The release describes the council as "...composed of NGLCC corporate partners whose mission is to discuss issues upon which members of the NGLCC and CAC work together to educate Corporate America and the public on the economic benefits of providing a diverse workplace and creating mutually beneficial relationships with the LGBT and LGBT-friendly business community."  (LGBT stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transsexual.)   The release also says that Wal-Mart has sponsored two conferences for the NGLCC.

Other members of the NGLCC include IBM, Wells Fargo, JPMorgan Chase, American Airlines, Intel Corporation, Wyndham Hotels and Resorts, Lehman Brothers, Motorola, Travelport, Merrill Lynch, American Express, Cisco Systems, Avis, Orbitz, Intuit, Kodak, Fannie Mae, Millennium Hotels and Resorts, and Kimpton.

Updated 9/4/06

A real example of the eRumor as it has appeared on the Internet:

Wal-Mart asks for, and receives, permission to join homosexual marriage group

Read "Wal-Mart Partners With Gay and Lesbian Group"
Wal-Mart, the largest retailer in the world, has asked for and received permission to join the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. The NGLCC is a leading promoter of homosexual marriage.

Although Wal-Mart has never excluded homosexuals from being employees, customers, or suppliers, the company wanted to be more closely identified with promoting the homosexual agenda. Wal-Mart is now a "corporate member" of the NGLCC, putting their approval on the NGLCC's efforts to abolish the definition of marriage as the union of one man and one woman. A Wal-Mart vice president will serve as an advisor to the NGLCC, helping them promote homosexual marriage.

Wal-Mart agreed to give $25,000 to the NGLCC and to pay for two conferences scheduled by NGLCC. Also, Wal-Mart will give homosexual-owned businesses special treatment when making purchases. Companies not owned by homosexuals will be moved down the list.

NGLCC called Wal-Mart's action "part of the company's ongoing commitment to advancing diversity (homosexuality) among all of its associate, supplier and customer bases."

Wal-Mart is offering the same kind of support for homosexual marriage which Ford Motor Company has been giving to homosexual groups for years.

TAKE ACTION

1. Send your email to Wal-Mart.

2. Wal-Mart often blocks our emails. To make sure your voice is heard, please call Wal-Mart's home office headquarters and ask for Chairman Rob Walton at 479-273-4000. Also, call your local Wal-Mart manager and express your concerns. Please, be polite when you call!

3. Print out and distribute our specially produced Pass Along Sheet.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: More on Wal-Mart
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 07:39:35 AM »
Rockbilly, I received an e-mail from AFR recently about this & a phone# for WM, I haven't called yet.
Amazing how they are turning their back on the folks that made them great & the founders who have passed away. Heatherns like these could not build such a company, but I bet they can screw it up!
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Will Bison

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 02:48:27 PM »
I,m not sure what your point is but as a Tourism Executive and a former Chamber President, I also belong to the Gay Chamber. What part of economics did you miss in college? Who would not encourage the Gay market, certainly no one with half a brain.

With 87 million American jobs tied to tourism, why would any Muti-national company (Walmart) want to ignore that segment of society that is in a higher income bracket than the average American? When I was Tourism Director, I attended many conferences that targeted the Gay community. Why? Because they tend to be better educated and have a larger disposable income.

The object of Capitalism is to stay ahead of the competition through inovation, improvisation and initiative.

DUH !!!!!!

Once again, my question is, why do you think Walmart has it wrong??????

For the record, I shop at local stores and pay more in order to support "Mom and Pop" but Walmart provides a consistent product when I,m on the road.

Bill

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 03:57:32 PM »
   No, if anything I took more economics than I needed. It looks like their growth rate has been fine up to this point as being the #1 retailer & the most successful ever, who could argue with that & it would be silly to say that they needed to do this all along, the numbers suggests otherwise as anyone with half a brain or less can see. Duh, Duh
   You can sell to a segment of the population without endorsing their perverted lifestyle. I suspect
that a few of my customers are homo & frankly I don't try to find out because it is absolutely none
of my business, what they do at their home is not my problem. See, they can do their business just fine & see my business is not affected either. But, if they ask us to endorse them, no way!!! I like to to make an honest buck when I can, but for some folks at least, principle or a sense of right & wrong
are more important than mere profits.
  So, if Walmart sticks to their guns on this one, they will lose out in the long run anyway, I have sold my WM stock a few years ago, & we have good alternative places to shop now.

You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline powderman

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 04:49:44 PM »
 Bill bison. I really hate to hear that the company I work for supports these perverted sexual deviates. Sounds like right and wrong, and morality don't mean a lot to you. I guess if the moneys good it doesn't matter. It does to me. Homos are abominations in Gods eyes. I didn't say it, God did. Sam Walton was a good man, and a Christian. When  he was alive NONE of his stores opened on Sunday til at least 1230-100 pm to allow his employees to go to church. After he died, it all went to hell in a handbasket. This really upsets me. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm