Author Topic: New 3 barrel combo, center fire/rim fire interchangable?  (Read 499 times)

Offline SanQ

• Trade Count: (0)
New 3 barrel combo, center fire/rim fire interchangable?
« on: September 19, 2006, 01:19:41 AM »
does the new coming 3 barrel combo have a newly designed receiver or barrels? I remember you cannot put a rimfire(sporter)barrel on a handi frame. Now with new 3 barrel, you can?

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: New 3 barrel combo, center fire/rim fire interchangable?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 04:54:59 AM »
That is the million dollar question. I'm not even sure they knew the answer to that question before they listed them. It looks like the first ones are about a month away, but that has changed too. I am GUESSING that the rimfire barrels will be bored off center to allow for the firing pin to strike the rim, but that is just a GUESS.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 10:41:41 AM »
Unless H&R is going to shell out lots of money to re-tool , i think they will do just like they did with the 410 / 22 Lr combos and offset the bore for the rimfire .

I have seen a few of the 2 barrel combos and it is not a bad setup .
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline kenbev

• Trade Count: (30)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 01:13:58 PM »
I have one of the 22LR barrels with the offset chamber. I use it on sb1 and sb2 recievers. I am well pleased with it. I am waiting to see these new ones. I expect them to be the same type...(Just a guess)

Offline mntly_imptnt

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 09:14:33 AM »
the woman i talked with @ h&r c.s. said the firing pin was diferent than the handi's.   I ask "will the new rimfire barrels work with other handi's?".  I don't see them chaging a good thing, when it seems they coulde simply offset the chamber.   I guess we will have to wait and see.  later,  mike j.