Author Topic: thanks for all your help You Guys have been Wunderfull!!!  (Read 411 times)

Offline Slasher

• Trade Count: (0)
thanks for all your help You Guys have been Wunderfull!!!
« on: September 21, 2006, 06:08:17 PM »
 ;D

I came on here asking about handi's for the #1 son who is 7 y.o. I received a ton of responses, and went to wally werld ordered the 22in Bull barrel 243 (shweet!!!!) received it, got the scope mounted... my low weaver rings were too low BTW.. Oh well the millets look and work better... This thinkg is so short and handles so well, the 308 mauser may get the season off...

we've been doing snap cap and safe handling drills waiting on the youth buttstock- it came in today, but no one home and will be redelivered tommorrow!!!

This weekend will be range time/break in starting with light varmint bullets....(did I mention lots of cleaning...) and then we'll get it zeroed with some fusions...

;D ;D ;D You Guys have been a wonderful resource!!! The lil Fella, has performed admirably learning the action of the handi!!! I was concerned that no safety and no half cock would be a lil much.... He'll be 100% supervised and only handle the weapon once at the firing line or when on stand with a target in sight just the same... Its nice to know the simple operation of the handi has lent itself well to starting my son off on the right path... Okay the daisy, started, but the handi will be his first REAL gun to cut his teeth on... ;D ;D ;D

Your assistance and the stickys on this forum helped make it a reality... We'll post range report/results next week!!! Hopefully with hunt and trophy fotos to follow once the season opens!!!

More to follow

Slasher
(one proud Pappa)

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Re: thanks for all your help You Guys have been Wunderfull!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 09:42:28 PM »

That's SUPER...Glad he is doing a-lot of practicing...and I hope your range time with him is just as productive...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Coastwatcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 07:08:40 AM »
Great choice for a youth rifle.........
My prayers are always answered,  sometimes the answer is no...........

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 10:05:39 AM »

Slasher You are welcome for all the help you get from this forum.
 Allthe Good Ol' Boys try to be helpful. Some have alot on the board.
 Have any more problems just ask. Good Luck.  Marv.