Author Topic: ..No mo' CITGO>>  (Read 1320 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
..No mo' CITGO>>
« on: September 25, 2006, 01:45:16 AM »

That fat little munchkin from Venezuela has determined (and stated) that he is out to destroy the United  States..He is in league with the likes of castro and the two madmen now most in the news, the dictators of Iran & N. Korea..

It is understood that he is helping to finance Al Queda and would like nothing better than to put nuclear missles, that he may be able to obtain from either of his two nutsy friends, on Venezuelan soil....aimed at the US.
  Since the CITGO stations are wholly owned by the Venezuelan govt. (read ... Hugo Chavez), I think it behooves us as patriots, to avoid giving him retail prices for his barrels of oil...let him at least sell them on the open martket, for regular per barrel prices..

I have decided to boycott CITGO stations..I not only will not buy, but will stop at their stores and tell them WHY I am not buying..

I would hope trhat if enough of us have the small bit of moxie it takes to do this..store owners will decide that some other company would do as well for their stores...

Anybody with me ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Tn Jim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: ..No mo' CITGO>>
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 03:21:46 AM »
Count me in ironglow! >:(
Not all Muslims are terrorist, but oddly enough, all terrorist are Muslims.

Offline Haywire Haywood

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 03:36:35 AM »
Neither my wife nor I will buy at Citgo since I learned of their ownership a month or so ago.  However, I am not going to stop in just to insult the Americans working there.

Ian
Kids that Hunt, Fish and Trap
Dont Steal, Deal, and Murder

usually...

Offline magooch

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 03:39:50 AM »
I have no problem with boycotting Citgo; there aren't any around these parts anyway.
Swingem

Offline dawei

• Contributor
    • My Brothers Rest Here
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 05:05:48 AM »
I agree with you. Me or my family will not buy Citgo® gas.

Offline powderman

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 03:26:23 PM »
We quit citgo a month ago. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 04:12:32 PM »
  Haywire;

Perhaps Ii didn't make myself clear enough...I didn't say I would give the clerk at the store a hard time..I'm sure they get enough of that with just one shift in a busy store.

My aim is to go in and POLITELY tell the clerk why I won't buy..and ask them to be sure and tell the boss what I said. That way, hopefully the owner will catch on faster and perhaps change brands.

It may save the owner/worker much grief in that they don't have to watch businesss
 drop off and wonder why.

Unless the store is Chavez owned, I won't mind purchasing other things there..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DWTim

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 05:09:37 PM »
I'm going to throw some more fuel on the fire. That fat little munchkin's recent televised circus was sponsored by the company. So basically, Citgo took your money and spent it on a PR circus that mainly consisted of communist class-struggle propaganda and a stream of personal insults aimed at Bush.

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 10:59:13 PM »
hmmm... you know I am not one who is very quick to boycott..... but.....

I am on board so much I even added a banner to the GBO rotation....

That fat little BLEEP BLEEP will never get a dime of my money....

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Buckfever

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 04:40:27 AM »
IN!!!   Buckfever

Offline cynrays

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 05:28:49 AM »
Who sells CITGO in the south around Texarkana so that I can boycott?

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 06:15:20 AM »
Count me in!

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 07:23:02 AM »
I'd love to join you fellows, I'm behind you 100%.  But we don't have any CITGO statuions here in Alaska.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 09:47:38 AM »
Ah if only it were so simple, but if it makes you feel good go for it. In reality tho a CITGO station (I don't even know where one is) might have products from any other company in their tanks and any other branded station might have CITGO gas in their tanks. It's just not that simple to KNOW where the gas in those tanks really came from.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 11:46:29 AM »
Graybeard is right:  Here in North Pole, and the Fairbanks area, all of the gas is refined at the only refinery in North Pole.  We have Tesoro, Texaco, Chevron, Sourdough, and one other brand.  They all get their gas from the Flint Hills refinery.  And I'm sure the stations in the lower 48 do the same thing, that is buy their gas from the nearest refinery.  Cuts down on shipping cost.  By the way what is the price of gas down south?  Just gassed up my trucks today and paid $2.899 for unleaded reguler, and $2.939 for diesel.  It's funny how the oil is taken from the pipeline here in North Pole and refined, then trucked to the station two miles away.  There it sells for more than they sell it in Anchorage after trucking it 400 miles.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 12:22:10 PM »

Here in N.E. Texas diesal is 2.49.9 Was week or so ago it was 299.9.
 reg. unlead is down to 214.9 It was 285.9 short time back
 I don't use Citco no stations here! Marv.

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 02:03:41 PM »
Here in central Texas I've seen $2.19 and read that folks in Corpus Christi are finally seeing gas under $2. 

Offline bluebayou

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 02:55:30 PM »
Around Texarkana-our beloved EZ-Marts sell Citgo gas if I recall correctly.  I bet that all Mom and Pop's are like Graybeard says and are lowest bidder kind of arrangements. 

Offline Stan in SC

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2006, 12:50:52 AM »
I worked at one time for BP Oil in their Southeast Headquarters.It was common practice to "borrow" gasoline from another brand until our next pipeline shipment came through.Likewise we "loaned" gasoline to other companies the same way.
GB is correct in that you cannot tell what brand you are buying at the pump.
I do support boycotting CITGO stations and have destroyed my CITGO credit card and returned it to them with a letter stating why I did so.
Telling the clerk in the store does no good.If you want to register a complaint call or write the CITGO main office.

Stan
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70..it's almost a religion.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006, 08:28:10 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060927/ap_on_bi_ge/7_eleven_citgo

fyi 

goes to show it does matter where our money is spent. 

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2006, 05:02:29 AM »
  Three cheers for 7-11 stores..they are dumping all 2100 Citgo locations..may eventually have their own brand. there may be other reasons for their change..but most certainly Chavez's dirty mouth helped to hasten their decision.
   Of cpurse they will have to be careful to be "politically correct' or some of the hate America first crowd will start crying racism or some such stupid thing..that other stupid people can grab hold of and start whininmg.

Chavez will still sell his oil but he doesn't have to get full retail from retail stores in our country...

Offline S.S.

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2006, 06:20:23 AM »
I think the oil is the least of our worries from that fool.
He has his Eye on a larger piece of South America I think.
Seems he just purchased 100,000 AK's from Russia and
an unspecified amount of ammo. This is one of the reasons
7.62x39 ammo has jumped in price!
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2006, 08:47:33 AM »
I'm in too...but I think the only Citgo in these parts is at least 30 miles away, and well out of my way.
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2006, 01:04:23 PM »
i ALWAYS bought citgo because the price is always better than other places around here, the gas is said by mechanics to be of good quality (plugs don't look like crap when you pull them, for one), and that it's not middle eastern gas, so i am not supporting terrorists and sick pieces of human debris.

however i am now getting gas wherever i want BUT citgo because that worthless little slimeball ran his fat little mouth.

it cost him $60 in gas yesterday from me.

-Matt
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.