Author Topic: Mueller scope evaluation vs Bushnell Legend  (Read 1589 times)

Offline prairiedog555

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Mueller scope evaluation vs Bushnell Legend
« on: September 25, 2006, 06:21:37 AM »
Hello:

Need a scope for a .308 NEF survivor.  Am looking at Bushnell Legend (which seems to be a elite 3200 without rainguard)  Opinions?

anyway used to see a lot of posts on Mueller scopes, not so much anymore.  Anybody have imput?
and do you think the illuminated reticule is just one more thing to go wrong?

I know a lot of people think you should opt for the expensive glass, probabally right, but would like to get a bargin if possible.
thanks

Offline prairiedog555

• Contributor
Re: Mueller scope evaluation vs Bushnell Legend
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 08:02:46 AM »
Hey,
I was just on google looking up mueller scopes and found another forum on scopes;

http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=391277

they imply that Mueller salts these forums with favorable reviews.  Don't much care for that.
along with Jon at the optics zone dropping them I think I will look elsewhere.
He must have some reason.  He seems to have integrity.
Any other implication with other brands of this kind of thing?

What do you think?

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 10:00:13 AM »
I don't know what you mean by them "salting" these forums with reviews but if you are referring to THIS SITE aka GBO you are wrong.

I did one review of a Mueller scope long before Rich became an advertiser on this site and was quite surprised at the quality for the price. I've really not taken a look at them since but many GBO member have bought them and seem quite satisfied with them. Back at the first annual NEF Paririe dog shoot Rich donated some scopes which I gave away and I think everyone who got one has been pleased with the performance.

No one was paid by Rich or anyone else to say that at this site at least. His $250 per year in advertising dollars buys him no special treatment from me. That's hardly enough to sway my opinion and besides the review I did was before he was an advertiser.

Why he and Jon parted ways I have no clue, I've not asked either. I've heard rumors passed around of Rich registering and posting as someone else on other sites. I have no way of knowing the truth of such allegations but I do know he's NOT done it here at GBO as I can tell about such things here. I sorta doubt it's true at others either.

I make no representation as to his product line other than the one I reviewed personally. It was a solid buy for the money and a good scope regardless. As most everyone who has spent any time here knows I'm a strong supporter of the Bushnell product lines and have reviewed multiple scopes in all product lines. They are very solid buys in all price categories and I highly recommend them and use them on many of my guns. They do not pay me one red cent to say that and are not advertisers on this site.

I'd pay less attention to rumors on internet forums than on what the real world tells you. GBO member Quickdtoo has bought several of them and has posted some reviews here and on other sites I think. Many others who I know bought them or were given them by me at the PD shoot have commented on them as well. I don't consider the Mueller line equal to the Bushnell Elites or Leupolds but they are at least frofm what I do know of them solid values for the money. If I didn't believe that I'd not say it, $250 per year buys Rich only a banner nothing more.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline prairiedog555

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 11:56:56 AM »
GB,
as you can see I said that other people on other sites imply,  being a new member I was looking for an answer like the one you gave.  It would seem that other sites are not as well moderated as this one.  That is why I visit here, and not elsewhere.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 12:04:59 PM »
What do you think?

There are lots of very happy Mueller owners here and I have a bunch of Mueller scopes myself, from their 2-7x Multi-shot, 2 Sport Dots, an Eraticator and 2 TacIIs, they're all great scopes for the money and equal to scopes that cost considerably more, all of mine are mounted on centerfire rifles and an 835 ultimag.  Their customer service is second to none for what few scopes that I've read of that had problems here, at RFC, PM and elsewhere. I wouldn't judge their reputation by a few unfounded posts on a web site or a falling out of relationship with one of their dealers. Read the reviews by actual Mueller owners and then decide. ;)

Tim

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149132&highlight=mueller+centerfire

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117302&highlight=mueller+centerfire

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=52371636&page=&fpart=all&vc=1

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=52262955&page=&fpart=all&vc=1

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=52241899&page=&fpart=all&vc=1

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 01:58:58 PM »
I'll 2nd the Mueller 2x7 Multi shot, I have 2 on my Handi's, great scope for the money................plan on getting another

Offline Mueller Optics

• GBO Sponsor
  • Avid Poster
    • http://www.muelleroptics.com
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 11:21:38 AM »
None of our reviews are "salted", they are all non-bias reviews from both amatures and professionals alike.
As for the thread, they had the nerve to bash us before ever even seeing one of our scopes and still havent to this day. That alone tells us they braodcast inaccurate information to their members (bias opinions)..

MO

Offline Rod B

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 02:07:54 PM »
I have had very positive experience with Mueller products. I have a Mueller Eraticator & it as bright & clear as my Weaver V24.

I am sure that my next scope purchase will likely be another Mueller.

Rod.
Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon.
~Horatio Nelson

Offline camsdaddy

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 03:55:22 PM »
I have a mueller 3x9x40 red dot on a 243 handi ultra. I did alot of research on scopes and I feel I got the best bang for the buck. I have a friend at work who insist on ZEISS but I cant afford that much in glass. He has looked through mine and said he was suprised in the quality. I have used it in all sorts of conditions and say that when I need another scope I will prob get another. I do not know greybeard personally but to those who are new I think you will find he aint for sale.

Offline smokey262

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 02:37:14 PM »
I have a Mueller APV and Bushnell Banner, Trophy, and Legend.  All are great buys for the money.  I would buy any one of them again.

The APV is on my Remington 597 and is a heck of a lot of fun.  Put her in a rest with some Wolf Match Targets and just keep sending them to the bullseye at 50 yards.  The glass is clear and the resolution is excellent.

Offline Nebraska Kelly

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 11:56:12 PM »
I LIKE MUELLER SCOPES!!!!!

I have three mueller scopes. I have had only one that I did not like. It was the eraticator. It was not what I thought it should be. The edges of the scope were blury. It gave a "fish eye" kind of effect when looking down it. I could not live with that.  The three scopes I have kept are  1. 4x16x50 illuminated dot   2. 3.5x10x44 illuminated dot.  3. 4x16x50 mil dot illuminated.  I just bought that one for $200 and put on a weatherby vangard 30-06. Good scope for that gun and that price. I like Mueller scopes.  Are they perfect? NO! But they are a damn good scope for the money I pay. Lots of features and they hold there zero.  I never worry with a Mueller on top of the gun in my hands.  That is what I pay for. No suprises. No problems. Good enough optics to get the job done. After writing this I think I need to get another Mueller scope. I want a 2x7 for a 22 mag rifle.  I WISH SOME ONE WOULD PAY ME FOR THIS REVIEW!  Or maybe donate a 2x7 "for testing purposes only" of course.  Are you there Rich???

This is my honest opinion as an amature gun user with only 41 years of shooting experience. Someday I may know what a good scope really is. Until then I will use what works and works well.

Kelly (A.K.A. Nebraska Kelly)

Offline jmckinley

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 09:36:27 AM »
I must admit I own 3 Muellers 2 3-9X40 and a 3-10X44 and think it's a heck of a buy at $ 150.00. Looked thru Elite 3200 and VBari-XI/II and put my money on the Mueller's I just ordered. I'll put them against any scope on the market for the same money or $ 300.00 scope for that matter. I love my Bushnells and will another one soon but the muellers are hard to beat for the money.  Jess
Jess