Author Topic: SOUTH AFRICAN MINATURE CANNON CLUB Monthly Newsletter  (Read 690 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
SOUTH AFRICAN MINATURE CANNON CLUB Monthly Newsletter
« on: September 25, 2006, 07:59:22 AM »
Dear Members and Gunners,

I would like to welcome Douglas Dickens as a new members to the cannon club, been to the shoots as a guest and decided to join the club, welcome Douglas.
                  Well…. the cost of black powder has increased again, the last lot cost the club R440.00, will it ever end?. Rod Dickson is in the UK for an extended period, hope to see him back at some stage, enjoy you stay Rod.       

Scores for the day:
                  Friend                    Brian                47(5)          1st   overall                       
                  Hamilton                Don                 47(5)          1st   overall                       
                  Pilgrim                   Mike               46(6)           2nd  overall
                  Jordaan                  Rudi                40{8}           3rd   overall
                  Van Altena            Wilheyne        30(20)         1st   on handicap 
                  Kingsford-Smith   Clifford           38(12)         2nd  on handicap 
                  Dickens                 Douglas          32(18)         3rd  on handicap 
                  Hamlinton             Colin               37(7)       

Brian Friend managed an aggregate of 94 for the shoot and the Friend trophy.

THE NEXT SHOOT IS ON THE   1st OCTOBER 2006 AT SAPREF.

Regards,

John Visser.

Offline guardsgunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: SOUTH AFRICAN MINATURE CANNON CLUB Monthly Newsletter
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 09:33:46 AM »
DD,
   We are thinking of having a small scale type cannon shoot along with the big boys next year. Do you have some kind of rules that you could email so that I can see what they do?

Thanks

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 07:30:19 PM »
This is so British.  I asked about the Rules. The Club President said yes they have rules, but it has been years since he had seen them. Everybody knows them. He said he would look around and see what he can come up with.  Sunday is the next match and I will take copious notes.

I think a lot of their rules are Gentlemen's rules and this is what they have done for over 30 years.

Offline guardsgunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 08:47:46 AM »
Gentlemen's rules eh? Guess I can't play. ;D

That could be part of the appeal.

Thanks DD.