Author Topic: new synthetic stock for .243 ultra light  (Read 473 times)

Offline Stan in SC

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
new synthetic stock for .243 ultra light
« on: September 28, 2006, 03:10:37 PM »
When I got my .243 ultra light four years ago I wasn't satisfied with the Monte Carlo stock because I am left handed so I ordered a survivor butt stock for it.Later I sold the Monte Carlo stock.I liked the feel of the survivor butt stock and the pistol type grip seemed to help hold it better but it just didn't look 100 per cent "right" to me.
Last week I ordered the non Monte Carlo synthetic buttstock from NEF and it came yesterday.BUT...there was no bolt to hold it on and the survivor bolt is too long.Aren't the stocks supposed to come with bolts?I intend to call NEF and find out.If not I guess I'll have to order one.
I did trial fit the new butt stock to the rifle and it "looks" right now.Fells pretty doggone good too.I guess I am just a traditionalist.

Stan
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70..it's almost a religion.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: new synthetic stock for .243 ultra light
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 03:15:56 PM »
Stan, I have no doubt that H&R will probably send you a bolt, but you can also pick one up at your local hardware store if you don't want to wait, it takes a 3/8"x4" fine thread cap bolt with a small flat washer. ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Stan in SC

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 03:31:49 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply,Tim.I'll call them first though.I eventually want to sell or trade the survivor butt stock but not without the proper bolt.I "made" the new butt stock fit by putting a 1/2" socket on the survivor bolt to space it out.I just HAD to see how the new stock looked.

Stan

Offline Stan in SC

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 02:58:14 AM »
Bright and early at 8:15 this morning I called customer service at NEF and spoke with Jennifer.She informed me that stocks were not usually sent with bolts but that she would get me one in the mail today at no cost.I offered to pay for it but she said that wasn't necessary.
You really have to admire the excellent customer service and support that you get from NEF.

Stan

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 05:18:07 AM »
Yup, they're the best!!

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain