Author Topic: Patriotism leads Alaska natives to reject Chavez heating oil offer  (Read 386 times)

Offline muskeg13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Patriotism leads Alaska natives to reject Chavez heating oil offer
« on: September 29, 2006, 09:58:53 PM »
Four western Alaskan villages have rejected the Chavez offer of heating oil.  The Aleutian Pribilof Islands Association states ,"Despite the critical need for fuel in our region, the Aleut people are Americans first and we cannot support the political agenda attached to this donation." Tribal leaders and board members with the native regional nonprofit decided that supporting President Bush and the U.S. Government is more important than free fuel.  FYI: heating fuel exceeds $7 per gallon in remote villages, so this is a significant sacrifice.

http://www.adn.com/news/politics/story/8248161p-8143814c.html

Please let these great Americans at: apiai@apiai.org  know how you feel. 

This is on my own, from "civilized" surban, Alaska with no ties to APIA: With the sacrifice of the Chavez handout, APIA could probably use  donations to the needy for food and fuel this winter.  Thanks.

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Patriotism leads Alaska natives to reject Chavez heating oil offer
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 03:25:25 AM »
I just sent apiai a note of thanks and support, and an offer to help in some way that I could.  They have a website if you want to learn more about them: http://www.apiai.com   

Thanks for the heads up Muskeg.
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 03:47:08 AM »
Wow, these good folks have my respect.  I too will send them a note and a contribution.  I hope Chavez  drowns in his oil. 
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline DWTim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 03:52:01 AM »
Say, what happened to that pilot project for nuclear power in some of these ice-locked areas of Alaska? Did anyone else hear about this? They were going to set up one of those Toshiba no-maintenance, sub-critical mass mini reactors.