Author Topic: Weaver Tactical compared to........  (Read 879 times)

Offline John (Rojo)

• Trade Count: (0)
Weaver Tactical compared to........
« on: April 13, 2003, 07:18:25 PM »
I notice when I check the scope ads from SWFA,  The Optic Zone and some others,  I notice that they have a Weaver 4.5-14x42 Tactical.  It isn't cheap for a Weaver,  near $500.00.  Considering that the Weaver Grand Slam is supposedly their "bread & butter,"  what gives with this model.  I checked Weavers website,  and it's not cataloged.  Anybody own one or know anything about this scope.  How does it compare with the VXIII, the better Bushnells, or Nikon?

John (Rojo)

Offline Zachary

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2003, 04:54:28 AM »
I know that several people compare the Grand Slam to the Vari-X IIIs.  I don't know if that's a fair comparison, but that's what they say.  

Anyway, you're right, at $500 it's roughly twice the money of the Grand Slams.  Why?  I have no idea.  In fact, I haven't even seen their tactical model (or their Grand Slam to be honest with you.)

I would assume that the reason for the much higher price, in part, (and again, this is just my assumption) is that it might have a 30mm tube, or special knob adjustments, or special reticles.

I guess that either Chris at SWFA or Jon at the Optic Zone could better explain.

Zachary

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2003, 08:57:22 AM »
John,

This is all I can tell you about them, since I have not see one of the Tacticals.  They have the same features as the Weaver T-series, Target Scopes.  The offer 1/8 MOA clickage and patented Micro-Trac System, which offers dual-spring, two-bearing contact design, allowing for more independent movemenet in windage and elevation.  They have target turrets and comes with Mil Dot reticle.  They are offered in 2 sizes, 3-9x40 and 4.5-14x40.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline Zachary

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2003, 12:15:19 PM »
I guess that's pretty much what I thought.   :grin:

Zachary

Offline Zachary

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2003, 07:12:07 AM »
Well John (Rojo), I guess that should answer any questions you had about the Weaver Tactical. :grin:

Zachary

Offline John (Rojo)

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2003, 05:04:37 PM »
To all,

I appreciate the information.  The scope got my interest  by being availabe through the vendors, but not being in Weavers catalogue.  Even though I am somewhat partial to the Bushnell 4200, Nikon Monarch, and Burris Signature,  I was thinking about trying the Weaver Tactical.   It sounds like Weaver put a lot of engineering in to this model.   I think I just might give it a try.  

I wonder why they have kept it hidden,  or don't advertise it.  I would love to see a past article or test on this scope.

Thanks again.  Oh Zachary,  I sent you a private e.mail a while back, regarding some integral mount Tikka rings you were going to order.  You might not have received it because of problems I was having with my computer.  I was wondering if you got them, and how they worked out.

John (Rojo)

Offline Zachary

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2003, 01:57:31 AM »
John,

Unfortunately, I don't recall receving you PM.  In any event, I ordered the Warne rings for my Tikka from E.Brown & Co - one of our sponsors.  However, I have not received them yet.

But trust me, once I do, I'll let you know.  I am going to have my Nikon Monarch mounted on my Tikka Stainless Synthetic in .243 - AND I CAN'T WAIT! :bye:

Zachary