Author Topic: Shot the new deer rig today  (Read 1138 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
Shot the new deer rig today
« on: October 01, 2006, 10:32:57 AM »
And damn do i feel STUPID , take a good look at the turret ajustments on the scope . i fired 60 rounds and no matter what i did it would not hit a 12" x12" target at 50 feet .  ???

I did not relize what was going on till i came home and pulled the scope off , Duh - it hit me . can you see the problem . :-[

Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Shot the new deer rig today
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 10:39:35 AM »
Yupper, it can be made to work that way IF you realize it's turned wrong and make the proper corrections for the way it's turned. But it's best to turn it correctly.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 11:27:23 PM »
Stimpy,

You pulling one of my tricks this time! Like Graybeard said, you can make it work, but it isn't easy, I had to remount my scope on the blackhawk so I need to go back out and shoot it again. How does that new hand cannon shoot anyway?

Greg
NRA Life Member
"Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety."  - Ben Franklin, 1776
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline stimpylu32

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 01:54:37 AM »
cannon is an understatement , it slid the scope back about 1/2" and bent the mount screws so bad that the mount was back about 1/8" , this with all the screws lock-tighted .

I might just go back to iron sites for now and see what i can find in a better mount / rings combo .                                                                                                     
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline fuzzy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 02:07:28 AM »
 ;D Don`t u just hate when that happen`s did that once on one of the handi`s
U mite try some of ssk tuff sob ring`s and see what kind of mount they may have Rich
I rather be over the hill than in it

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 11:03:01 AM »
what calliber yu shootin there , i got the chance to shoot a 500S&W overthe weekend , ouch those puppies  recoil bigtime , i dont care who says they dont, the guy shooting it atthe range was usin 750 gr lead bullets , huge  thing , it just confirmed  one thing i damn sure dont need one of them ,

Offline stimpylu32

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 11:14:02 AM »
Guys its a 41GNR , basicly its a 44 mag necked down to 41 cal. put 6 rounds over the crono and was getting just under 2300 fps with 170 gr. Speer jhp's .

Load data was strait from Gary Reeder himself , 29 gr. of H110 as max load , the other load was  29 gr. of win 296 right at 2200 fps both with Mag large pistol primers in new Win 44 mag brass formed in a set of Hornady dies .
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline cattleskinner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 08:07:33 AM »
Stimpy,

I had a Magnum Research Lone Eagle 44 mag. that I used for a year, and had the same problem that you did with the scope sliding in the rings.  I put a thin layer of rubber cement on the inside of the rings the whole way around where the scope contacts.  Put it back in there real careful so that the rubber cement doesn't get rubbed off, and voila!!! No more troubles with sliding scopes.

~~~Amos
"You can't miss fast enough to win a gunfight"