Author Topic: swaging equipment for sale  (Read 2461 times)

Offline bullet maker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
swaging equipment for sale
« on: April 14, 2003, 03:58:20 AM »
Hello fellow bullet makers, if anyone needs or knows anyone looking for swaging equipment, on E-bay, there is a bunch of equipment that just came on for acution. Its Corbins stuff for sale. Its also the older Mity-Mite presses, but they look new. Theres three or four different caliburs.
  Seems kinda high for me but I havent bought anystuff in years. I think it runs for 6 days.
Just thought someone might be interested. :D
bullet maker
I like to make bullets, handload, shooting of all types, hunting, fishing, taking pictures, reading, grandchildren, 4 wheeling, eating out often.

Offline talon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2003, 07:50:06 AM »
Where'dit go?? 8)

Offline bullet maker

• A Real Regular
swaging equipment
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2003, 10:00:34 AM »
Hi Talon;
  Its on e-bay, the auction numbers are
Item# 3604045969; Jacketed Bullet Making Core MOld. 22 cal.
Item# 3604044680; Jacketed Bullet Making Equipment, 308 cal.
Item# 3604043028: Jacketed Bullet Making Equipment,  224 cal.
Item# 3604045583: Bullet Jacket Making Equipment,      224 cal.
  There is 6 days, and 15 hours left on the auction.
None of this stuff is mine, I just thought it someone might be interested in it. The guy selling is from Madison Heights, MI.
I think some one might like to look at the stuff. And everyone else should let us know when they see something that we might be interested in , right?
bullet maker :D
I like to make bullets, handload, shooting of all types, hunting, fishing, taking pictures, reading, grandchildren, 4 wheeling, eating out often.

Offline talon

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2003, 11:45:18 AM »
Thanks, Bullet Maker. I like your idea of passing along info on bullet swaging equiptment and supplies. It will be interesting to see how these auctions go. Can it really be that swaging items are worth more after several years of collecting dust? Hope so: I'll be a happy camper if it's true.  8)

Offline Donna

• Contributor
    • http://www.aeroballisticsonline.com
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2003, 10:19:42 PM »
Hello, :D

Talon, was it you that has an "H" die set for making copper tubing jackets that you are no longer using? If so, are you interested in selling it and at what price? If not, I thought I'd ask. Thanks :grin:

Donna
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. James 1:19-20

Offline talon

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2003, 04:31:41 AM »
Donna, I've sent you an email.    8)

Offline Turk

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2003, 05:13:56 AM »
What heading is this under.  Can't seem to find it.

Thanks,

Turk
In God I trust all others bring data.
If you know you're going to a gunfight take a rifle.
Life Member 1/50th Infantry Association (Vietnam)
Member of the 173rd Airborne Association
Life member NRA & ORPA

Offline Donna

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2003, 08:56:52 AM »
It is under "Sports:Sporting Goods:Hunting:Reloading Equipment:Dies, Presses"

Donna
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. James 1:19-20

Offline bullet maker

• A Real Regular
swaging acution
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2003, 04:59:28 PM »
Hey guys ,
   the auction for the swaging equipment, already ended,
bullet maker

Offline talon

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2003, 03:44:17 PM »
23 April, for 7 days: on Ebay. Bullet swaging stuff.  Search terms: "Corbin" and "bullet Swaging" and "swage die". 8)

Offline bullet maker

• A Real Regular
swaging equipment
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2003, 03:21:36 AM »
OK, thanks Talon :D
I wonder if its left overs from the last auction I told everyone about? I`ll go check it out.
bullet maker

Offline bullet maker

• A Real Regular
swaging auction
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2003, 06:45:02 AM »
Hi Talon
  I went to the e-bay site, and saw the auction, that`s different auction than the one that ended earlier, I thought that maybe the guy was relisting his equipment again since it did not all sell, but I see this is a new one from a different guy. Hope that I can find something I can use.
bullet maker :D

Offline talon

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2003, 04:19:32 AM »
As of this morning (Monday) there are 2 used CH swaging dies (.30 and .38 cal)for "buy it now" on the  Auction Arms web site. 8)

Offline bullet maker

• A Real Regular
C&H dies
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2003, 06:16:10 AM »
Saw them . Tanks :D
bullet maker

Offline talon

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2003, 10:35:07 AM »
There's more on eBay until next Sunday. Surch under key word " bullet swaging ". 8)

Offline pjh421

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2003, 04:02:44 PM »
I haven't forgotten what ebay did to shooters in '97 and haven't been back there since.  AuctionArms rocks.

Paul

Offline Donna

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2003, 11:34:05 PM »
Hello Paul,

Why don't you tell the rest of us that don't know what ebay did to shooters in '97?

Donna

Offline pjh421

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2003, 11:01:59 AM »
Hi Donna,

Ebay stopped a large number of in-progress auctions in order to be politically correct about the firearms trade.  What impacted me personally was their unprovoked attack on the sale of magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds.  I was conducting a legitimate auction (and that would be the sale of 20 or 30 round AR-15 type box magazines I did not plan to use) as I had several times previously there per the site rules and wound up losing money.  I didn't think it was right then and I don't think it's right now.  It could have been handled in much greater diplomatic fashion were the purveyors not in an *** kissing contest for the benefit of the liberal left California legislature.

Because I am an honest person, I honored a legitimate bid for half of what the item would have brought when my auction was terminated without cause.  The gentleman bid in good faith on a basic style auction  and by dumb luck, his was the high bid.

The way I see it, they owe me money.  I have certainly overcome the financial aspect of the issue but my inquiries were not even satisfied.  I was brushed off because, I believe, I belong to a minority group (that would be shooters who frequent ebay) and the staff did not feel like wasting their time with my needs, nor the needs of others in my position at the time.

This action by Ebay gave rise to the current popularity of AuctionArms.com as Manny D. will attest.

I enjoyed your answer about bullet stabilization.  You really know what you are talking about.

Best regards,

Paul